Principle of the Test
This immunoassay test uses a double antibody sandwich format. An antibody specific for salmonella is sprayed in a line on the surface of a membrane comprising a “test line”. A second antibody reagent, also recognizing salmonella and labeled with colloidal gold, is contained within a reagent pad upstream from the test line. As the sample moves from the filter pad, the antibody gold reagent specifically binds salmonella and moves with the liquid sample into the test membrane. The sample passes through the test line where the immobilized second salmonella antibody captures the protein–antibody–gold complex, causing the formation of an antibody–protein “sandwich” and development of red color at the test line. Antibody–protein sandwiches are not formed in the absence of the salmonella, resulting in no red color development at the test line.
2×105 ~2×107 CFU/mL (the sensitivity might differ in various samples)
Contents of Kit
|1||Salmonella Test Cassette||50|
The Salmonella Rapid Test is intended for rapid screening and detecting of salmonella in various food and environment samples. The intended user is a laboratory worker with appropriate microbiological training.
Sample preparation and Enrichment
Sample preparation should be carried according to local standards.
- Open the required number of aluminum foil bag, take out the cassettes and place them on the table;
- Using a pipette with disposable tips, add 3-4 (about 100 μL) drops of enriched solution to the sample well on the cassette.
- 3. Let the strip develop for 8 minutes. The result is valid within 10 minutes.
Interpretation of the Results
A color line always appears in the upper section of the test strip to indicate that the test strip is working properly. This line is the Control Line (C). A line in the lower section of the test strip indicates the test results. This line is the Test Line (T).
Positive Sample (-): 2 lines are visible. (Please see image above).
Negative Sample (+): Only control line (C) is visible.
Invalid results: If the control line is not visible, the test is invalid, and the sample should be re-tested using a valid test strip.
- If the kit was stored in the refrigerator, please don’t use it before the kit recover to room temperature (above 15 ℃).
- Long time stored enriched sample may affect the test result, please use this kit to test fresh enriched sample.
- Please handle the waste properly after the sterilization of the used cassette.
- This product is a single-use product, please do not reuse.
- The humidity of the test environment should be less than 60%.
Storage and Shelf Life
- Storage: Store at room temperature (4-30℃). Avoid heat, pyrogen, and corrosive gas. DO NOT FREEZE!
- Shelf life: 12 months.
- Production date, expiration date and lot number please refer to the label on the out package.
Note: The pictures shown are sample product pictures.
For the actual product, please check Provided Materials and Reagent or consult the sales manager.
There are no reviews yet.